The somewhat complete list of changes and additions from original source of Astonia 3.
- Archie will now trade the corrupted amulet. Just say "trade necklace" or "trade amulet".
- Spawns are also announced at 2tg, to give some additional warning.
- Blessing 1 bless bowl will also bless all others in your inventory.
- Minimum difficulty to get the Demon Chili from Jobbington lowered to 400.
- The chance to get the Demon Chili in Jobbington increases by 1% for each daily mission you've completed that day.
- Improved the "Hidden Mode" spawn modifier.
- Can now use exp pots and bless bowls in tunnels.
- Reset Shrine
- Resets all stats to base values like the existing reset shrine in 200s room.
- Requires 1 new clan jewel to use.
- Usable once every 30 days, per alt.
- Max level 56.
- Number of resets appears in your description.
- The 200 resets shrine is still there; no CJ is required and there is no reset cooldown. Negative exp bug has not been fixed to use it carefully.
- Neither shrine will reset any PTM'ed skills.
- Balance Changes
- Raiding has been disabled until we implement a new raiding system. No one will be "forced" to raid under the new system so don't worry about turning it on.
- We are testing spawn balance changes with the new spawn modifiers feature (see below). Check the red message when you log in to see what we currently have active.
- Fire ring cast recast delay reduced by 50% (so you can cast 2 per second instead of 1).
- Warriors (players only) no longer lose their warcry shield when standing still.
- Corrupted Items
- 3 new corrupted items: cape, belt, and boots.
- New weekly quest: "A Demonic Appetite":
Archie has been living in Aston for some time, but it's hard for an arch demon to get used to living in the (human) city. While he has just gotten his shop remodeled, he still doesn't quite feel at home. Cheer him up by bringing him 3 of his favorite demon foods and he will reward you handsomely - with a piece of corrupted equipment.
Talk to Archie in his shop next to smugglers to get started (you will still receive the items even if you don't speak with him). The following 3 demonic food/drink items are unique and you can only obtain 1 of each at a time:
Go to Archie and say "trade <item>" to make the trade. This quest is repeatable once a week (resetting Mondays at midnight GMT).
- Brimstone Brew - Teufelheim: random reward for turning in rat points (% chance = rat points / 1000). Obtained along with item or whatever other reward you got.
- Demon Chili - Jobbington: 5% to obtain when doing jobs over difficulty 500 (~level 150).
- Hell Apple - Governor: Chance to obtain when completing a mission for 800+ demons in hell pents or higher (i.e. 104+). Chance = (100-(1000-demon kills)/2)%. 802 mission = 1% chance, 900 mission = 50% chance, 1000 mission = 100% chance, for those of you that don't like math.
- The /autocorrupt command, available to donors, automatically uses corrupted stones that drop from demons. Set the slot with "/autocorrupt ring" etc, you can also set it to any of the first 4 slots in your inventory "/autocorrupt 1-4".
- Clan jewels now rot again 60 minutes after being grabbed.
- /csprite disabled in spawn.
- Removed doors and fake walls around ped in 8s. Added torches in ped room.
- Most Reskin brews now change your sprite according to their effect.
- A few unnecessary moveblocks removed in 10s.
- 120s now accessible from spawnmaster even if you haven't killed Islena.
- Islena now spawns randomly 1-5 steps away from ped, instead of always 1.
- She has also had her stats nerfed a bit.
- Islena now spawns randomly 1-5 steps away from ped, instead of always 1.
- Added some spawn rooms for testing; there is no ped yet, feel free to give your opinion.
- Max 22 (made by Rachet): Aston Sewers area 5.
- Max 54: Brannington Forest, north side of lake.
- Max 72: Bone tower, last level before spiders.
- Max 80: Cameron, werewolves.
- Added "spawn modifiers": this allows us to change game mechanics in spawn rooms, such as:
A note on this: These modifiers will be used to add fun, occasional event spawns (at about the rate that spawns have their times set manually now) and possibly to test balance changes over longer periods of time. A chat announcement appears whenever a spawn modifier changes. The current modifiers are visible in spawn with the "/mods" command.
- Warcry stun (on/off)
- Fire shield (on/off)
- Warcry range and slow
- Freeze range and slow
- Ped range (steps away that need to be clear to grab)
- Speed bonus
- Free for all mode
- Automax mode (all stats maxed regardless of equipment)
- Hidden mode (cannot see other players names or hp/mana; everyone is the same sprite)
- Reset spawn statistics.
- Added the backend for the Spawn cam, a client that observes every spawn as it happens. When we get everything together we can hopefully have the spawn cam streaming 24/7.
- Moved 92s ped 1 square down.
- Added a second water pool in 26s, next to the torch near ped.
- Lava stops sooner in 250s, leaving 2 tiles more around ped as arena.
- Removed a rock in 44s... you know the one (or maybe not).
- Moved the ped in 1s a few squares south.
- Spawns now occur on the minute (approximately).
- Touching an empty ped now shows Hours:Minutes:Seconds to go until spawn.
- After 1tg, 10 second notifications in spawn /area chat until jewel spawns.
- After a jewel is grabbed, pvp stats and announcements can't occur for the next minute.
- Added "Swiftness bonus" (bonus 1), which adds 3*bonus speed outside of spawn (max bonus level 20).
- Now reset at midnight GMT.
- Rat respawn increased slightly.
- You can limit the level of your equipment rewards, up to +16. Any rewards you receive will be the level you specify. Say "equipment" to the rat hunter to start.
- Orb books no longer disappear when you seyan.
- GU room respawn lowered from 1 year to:
- 10-40: 10 days
- 50-80: 20 days
- 90-120: 30 days
- Removed monk /csprite.
- Added a setting (available to gods) to allow characters to appear as item sprites.
- Added a setting (available to gods) to hide a character's name/level/hp/mana.
- Touching a treasure chest will inform you of its next respawn time.
- "/tunnellist" command tells you any tunnels below level 90 that you have not completed.
- Secret balance changes target towards alts with unfair advantages.
- Added /titles command so that you can see any titles available to you.
- Added c6 (grats) announcement for titles earned via quests or rewards.
- Changed some chat channel colors and fixed clickable names that were not previously working.
- Updated website to not show who is online when in the Clan Spawner area.
- Removed /who from Clan Spawner area.
- Orbs now stack up to 60, have a UI overlay to tell orb type and amount.
- When using gear on orbs, it now only uses 1 at a time instead of the full stack.
- More logging and debugging on the backend.
- Jail and Unjail now work for staff, and can be done from any zone.
- Spawns will no longer generate times within 10 minutes of each other.
- Level 8 spawner added. Reskin's Bar Brawl!
- Blesses can now be stored in a special bowl, purchasable from Jeremy. Hold this bowl on your cursor and use the bless command. (Ctrl+D by default)
- Added /ptmlist so that you can see your available PTMs without visiting Super Max.
- Added some additional sprites for rats and corrupted gear.
- Attempted to fix Janitor (this does not appear to have worked, though).
- Made a few changes to the Janitors ramblings.
- Added the first scavenger hunt and reward titles. See this post for the clue to get started.
- Updated smugglers drop rate for quest items from 1:20 to 1:13.3.
- Made several backend changes to clean up code and moved all added MySQL activities to the proper queued system used by the game.
- Crappy, but since the old forums crashed, we do not have a list of updates between February 2015 and June 2016. Weird, right?
- Max level is now 250!
- New level 250 spawner.
- New /csprite command to allow donors to change their sprite.
- Orbs are now stackable
- Added a teleport in level 118 pents.
- New stat potion combos (thanks TJ).
- The orb trader will tell the prices of orbs and can sell multiple orbs at a time.
- The /values command is no longer usable by staffers.
- Raised the military exp gained from rats.
- Fixed problems with military exp bonus for donors.
- Fixed exp display bugs in the client.
- Random bugfixes.
- Max level is now 215!
- New RDs up to level 149!
- New donations button on the home page. Donors will receive a 25% exp bonus and 50% military exp bonus for 1 month for their donation along with special colored names in chat.
- New commands for staff and gods.
- Fixed visual problems with Experience in the client.
- Spawnmaster can now teleport you to level 56 and level 1 spawners.
- Random bugfixes.
- Orb shop in Aston behind the tele.
- New Christmas quest and North Pole area, complete it while it is still here!
- LOE and security shrines can be used by HC characters for exp.
- New area for level 200s that contains a free Supermax and a skill reset shrine.
- Fixed problems with the Hunter Gloves and remove the WV from all gloves in the game.
- Fixed problems with mage speed from a previous update.
- New level 56 and level 1 spawners.
- Slightly darker UI in the client.
- Blesser in Aston - NPC that will bless you for a fee.
- Mages with athlete will be able to get the 259 speed break at high levels
- You will only need to complete 10 tunnels per level now for the same experience.
- A new potion will drop in pents that gives a 50% boost in exp for 60 minutes.
- Clan bonus costs have been adjusted again.
- Three demons will spawn at every pentagram and all demons will be even levels (ex: only 118s). Missions have been adjusted to account for this.
- Fixed more noexp bugs.
- Email addresses can be changed from the account management page.
- Spawnmaster in Aston - NPC that will transport you to spawners for a fee.
- Exp in rats has been tripled.
- For mining missions, GU finds will count as 3x SU.
- Dibbler now has EDS, FDS and IDS for sale.
- New Clan bonus for half-priced potions (bonus 4).
- New developer status that has access to /shutup and /kick to help moderate.
- Fixed noexp bug for seyans.
July 31 2014
- New level 10 spawner.
- New Cameron design.
- New quests in Cameron.
- More low level equipment in Cameron.
July 15 2014
- Giving items to other characters is disabled in spawns.
- 24 spawner door isgone again
- Labs have RWW style deaths
- 5 pents of the same color in a row lowers power setting.
- New arena within catacombs to test spawn and raid builds.
- Raids and spawn winners are now shown in a new channel.
- Changes to current clan system:
- Clans without raiding have the option of learning with a higher price
- Clans with raiding can enable max learning for 10 CJs/week
- Clans without raiding can enable max learning for 20 CJs/week
- Clans will still automatically have raiding enabled at 100 CJs
- If a clan chooses to enable raiding for lower learning prices, they cannot disable raiding until it is automatically disabled at <20 CJs
- Overhaul of the current raiding system:
- Catacombs are now PVP, defending clan can enter with 'enter #'
- Defending clan starts at green dot
- PVP deaths are arena style, PVE deaths are real
- 3 minute cooldown after death before you can re-enter (defenders only)
- NPCs do not attack defenders and teleport traps do not tele defenders
- If the attacking clan fails the raid, they burn 2 CJs
July 8 2014
- Raiding turned off by default on new clans.
- Raiding turned on automatically at 100 jewels.
- Raiding turned off when clan goes under 20 jewels.
- Raiding must be on for the learning bonus.
- Experience bar now shows percentage and total XP (click it).
- Zombie silver skulls are 1:11
- Zombie gold skulls are 1:7
- Red scroll in Arkhata is 1:35, with a guaranteed scroll at 35.
- Added /orbs command.
- Removed Heal orbs from orb spawners.
July 5 2014
- Added offense and defense values.
- Added channel 14 for sports.
June 27 2014
- Added gear lock so you cannot swap gear by left clicking on accident.
- Changed Jobbington Speed pot skill to the intended Speed Skill instead of raw speed.
- When using an orb stand that is still on cooldown, you are now told when the cooldown is up.
- Added 4 new welds in RDs 25, 44, 65, and 89.
- Changed /spawn to look a little nicer.
- Channel 18 color is changed to be easier to read.
- Changed spawn times to be more random instead of at 30 minute intervals.
- Various bug and map fixes in Brannington.
- Added /showvalues command so you can send your build to another character.
- Demon Lord door in pents is open for 1 minute instead of 15 seconds.
- Added /killpotion to kill your stat potion.
- Added /noexp to stop character from receiving any more regular exp. This will not stop zombie scrolls, BT stat combos, etc.
June 15 2014
- Added a Clanmaster in Cameron, near James.
- Added door to level 5 spawner near teleporter in Cameron.
June 14 2014
- New website is now up and working. Please report any bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mouse wheel scrolling for chat, abilities, inventory, shops, dead bodies, and depot.
June 5 2014
- New client released. You should no longer need to manually update client on client changes as the update server is now fully functional.
- Added custom Astonia 3 Resurrection loading/connection screen.
June 4 2014
- Fireball Reflect ring has been removed from clan spawners area.
- Light Warrior and Dark Warrior professions have been disabled in clan spawners area.
- Added c18 (channel 18), to be used for any questionable content.
- Added coloured names for clan leaders in c7/c12.
- Reduced the maximum insane penting missions from 2000 demons to 1500.
- Removed limit of 1 mission per day as long as you complete your previous mission.
- Added more dialogue for the Janitor. He has gotten more bitter with age.
- Added /hints command to remove some new player tutorial popups (some still need removed).
- Fixed grammatical issues on player descriptions and game messages regarding deaths and saves.
- Salt is no longer a quest item.
Previous undated updates
- Fixed gold bug.
- Fixed Imperial Vault repeat bug.
- Quests can be turned into Seymour before listening to his long speach.
- Added /joinall command to join all chat channels 1 through 13.
- Increased to drop rate of potions and gear. Changed gear:potion ratio.
- Reduced respawn time of orbs to 30 days.
- Reduced respawn time of Creepers belt to 24 hours.
- Reduced respawn time of Sewer items to 6 hours.
- Added extra starter items in Cameron.
- Added /spawn and /spawn
command for listing spawn timers.
- Removed auto deposit of clan jewels. Unclanned characters can now win spawns and create clans.
- Added coloured chat names for Gods and Staff characters in public channels.
- Added ability to log into a maximum of 4 characters at a time from same account.
- Key skeleton for Skellie 2 quest is now outside all day, working on his tan.
- RWW keys are now stackable. You can turn in old keys to the RWW Apprentice for new stackable keys.
- Learning has been readded. (set bonus 3
- Reduced cost of clan bonuses from 1 jewel per week per bonus amount to .5 jewels.
- IAC, Earth Pents, and Cameron now have multiple mirrors.